Tuesday 28 January 2014

Lets Get Going...Again!


Ok, so it’s been over a month since Christmas, and a lot of people still haven’t got back into their original writing routines. I know it’s difficult trying to maintain a routine over the holidays, so we let it lapse. Or, at least, I let it lapse. That’s right, you heard me correctly, I fell prey to the horrible beast known as procrastination. I’m usually really good at keeping up a working method, but recently I’ve only been working in drips and drabs, so please allow me to formally apologize to all my readers for my lack of motivation and lack of blog updates.

So here we are, back on track and ready to work. It’s the new year, but late in the month which means that most people have already given up their New Year’s resolutions, (they were too ambitious anyway). Promising to write 5000 words per day proving too difficult? Trying to write everyday only to be bombarded with chores? Well don’t panic, it happens to all of us, but now we must get going again. Get back into the work ethic that we recently lost, but how do we do that? It’s a tricky question, but one I’m sure a lot of people will have their own answer for.

Personally, I’m just gonna have to sit down and force myself to write something, anything, and get back into the literary flow. That’s the only way forward for the likes of me. Push through the hard bit and I will prevail. I will write my average word-count everyday, as I used to. 3 times a week I will end my day by posting my blog for you guys to read. I will edit my previous novel and send it to be published. These things I will do, because my motivation is that I want to. If you are losing the motivation to get started again, remember that you want to do it. For whatever reason, whether it’s because you like writing, or like having the goal of completing a novel, you want to write. So write.

Tell me what you think. What are your motivations for writing?
Read, follow, comment and enjoy. M x

No comments:

Post a Comment